Thanks to fellow blogger Pen and Paints for passing the Stylish Blogger award on to me.
Unaccustomed though I am to being called stylish, I am now obliged to tell you seven things about myself.
1. I'd love to meet the Queen.
2. When I was a child my grandparents often took me to Twycross Zoo. I grew very fond of the ring-tailed lemurs.
3. I've been bargain hunting in charity shops since I was sixteen. My first ever purchase was a red cotton dress with a pattern of small grey squares. Thirty years on I continue to get the same thrill when I find something I really want for just a few pounds.
4. I stopped eating red meat when I was eighteen. I still eat fish occasionally, but I have spells of giving that up too. Like after I went to the Sea Life Centre and saw how delicate and pretty the baby plaice were.
5. My number one favourite book is Great Expectations.
6. In my lifetime I've had seven cats, four dogs, assorted rabbits, guinea pigs and fish. This does not seem nearly enough animals and I wish I had a house with a bit of land so I could take in a few homeless donkeys.
7. I'd like to see Venice but canals make me nervous. Their sides are so steep that if I tripped and stumbled I would have nothing to grab onto and so would probably take a nose dive into the drink. And I cannot swim!