Monday 20 October 2014

Margate, ghosts, mermaids

I am pleased to say that I have a story included in The Day Death Wore Boots, a collection of ghost stories from Alfie Dog Fiction. Mine was originally published in Writing Magazine in 2007, after winning the summer ghost story competition the previous year.



There is also a story from writing friend, Angela Pickering. Last month Angela and I spent a lovely weekend in Kent. Here we are, windblown in Margate.  (Thanks to Biddy for the photo and for showing us the sights.)
 
And here is the Folkestone mermaid, who has the most wonderful view, but must feel a bit chilly in the winter. However, I still rather wish I could spend every day gazing at the sea, like her. It's not a bad life, is it?
 


12 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

I love that cover, Joanne!
I didn't know Folkestone had a mermaid :-) x

joanne fox said...

Nor me, Teresa!

Unknown said...

I thought it looked more like a merman, Jo.

joanne fox said...

You can Google it for the front view if you are in doubt!

Joanna said...

Congratulations on the publication of your story, Joanne. This looks like a fantastic book.

I wouldn't mind changing places with the mermaid for a day or two and just gazing. xxx

joanne fox said...

It's good to gaze, Joanna, but often our minds are too busy to enjoy it.

Patsy said...

I like the picture of you both looking windswept and interesting! Like the look of the book too. what a fab cover.

joanne fox said...

And I know you're in there too, Patsy! (I have been especially careful not to delete your comment again this time!)

Rosemary Gemmell said...

That sounds a good collection, Joanne! I've never heard of that mermaid either, but how lovely.

joanne fox said...

Rosemary, an amazing sculpture can really add something to a view, can't it.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Congratulations, Joanne.

Fascinated by that mermaid. Will have to search her out next time I head south.

xx

Nicola said...

Congratulations, Joanne. I have only just found your blog, thanks to one of our fellow bloggers. "Hello". Will be popping by regularly now I know where you are. Lovely pictures. All the best and continued success for the new year.